How do I set up gmail with Bridge-IT?
How do I set up a gmail account with Bridge-IT?
To use a gmail account within the Bridge-IT program follow these steps:
- First, manage your gmail account by going to "Manage your Google Account".
- Select "Security" on the left of the screen and make sure 2 Step verification is turned on in your account. This will make your google account far more secure.
- Once 2 step verification is turned on, go back to "Security" and select "App Passwords"
- Select app as "Other (Custom name)" and then type in the name "Bridge-IT"
- Make a note of the unique app password that is generated. You will need to enter this into the Bridge-IT program.
- Go to "File/Practice Settings" in the top left menu, select the "E-Mail" tab and set the fields to the settings below, using your own account name, and then enter your app password into the "App Password for 2 Factor Authentication" box.
You should now be able to send e-mails from Bridge-IT using your gmail account.